• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu problems with Photoshop 2021

Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else run into frustrating menu issues with Photoshop 2021 (v22) that makes it unusable?

On my Windows 10 machine with all video drivers up to take, I can't properly select options in menus.  When I click a menu item (say, Filter) and attempt to click an option under that menu, Photoshop instead jumps to a menu list to the left.  It's impossible to select anything under the Help menu, for instance.

I've recorded a video of this behavior.

A few more notes:

• Closing down and restarting Photoshop does not solve the problem.
  • Rebooting makes no difference.
  • The menu system works fine with Photoshop 21.2.4, Lightroom, Premiere and every other software.

This is specific to Photoshop 22.  This behavior reminds of sketchy beta software -- not software that has presumably been through a thorough beta process.  😡

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

default1j4aimkmdqlt_0-1629916952511.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

I was able to work around the issue by changing these compatibility settings in the photoshop icon

try it and good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Try this:

1. Quit Photoshop.
  2. In Windows File Explorer, navigate to the Photoshop installation folder.
  3. Right-click Photoshop.exe in the installation directory and select Properties.
  4. Switch to the Compatibility tab in the dialog that appears.
  5. Deselect Override High DPI Scaling Behavior in the Settings group.
  6. Click Apply and then click OK.
  7. Relaunch Photoshop.

Photoshop doesn't support overriding High DPI scaling behavior on Windows versions 10 or greater. Users who override this setting migh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi instead of update install full version of 2021 using setup then try it....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstall 2021 and reinstalled the full version.  The problem still remains.

However, I've noticed that if I run Photoshop on it's own, the menu system works.  When I open an image through Lightroom's Edit In Photoshop function, the menu system is broken again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm experiencing the same problems. Also, there's a lag between mousing over a menu item and it responding. It makes the whole thing unusably frustrating.

I've done a full uninstall a couple of times. All drivers are up to date. I've disabled, the re-enabled the Video Card option in Prferences.

I've purged my Settings files.

I'm about to uninstall, yet again, and go back to the previous version of PS. This is ridiculous. And the fact that Adobe does not offer any real support for their products drives me nuts.

I'm running a very fast, very new Windows machine with everything up to date. This should not be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good to know that I'm not the only one running into these issues.

I guess it's time to be the squeaky wheel.  I thought Adobe staff monitored these forums and would jump in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the issue now is trying to figure out where to be squeaky!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANYONE FROM ADOBE HERE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i think this is some bug wait for some stable update....regards rollback to 2020 version

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting without an acknowledgement of the problem by Adobe seems pointless.  I'd rather know that the issue has been confirmed and will be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum, answered by volunteer users not Adobe staff. The feedback forum you mentioned above is monitored by Adobe developers.

If developers are to do anything though they will need to replicate it (I can't replicate the issue here) so you will need to give full system details. The best way to do that is Help > System Info and then click copy. Paste the detail into your feedback forum post

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully it gets resolved soon.  Until then, Photoshop 2021 is unusable for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Close/re-open, reboot, uninstall/re-install. Still does this. Everything up to date. Both trackpad and mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info: my menu moves up to 7 places to the left. It happens as soon as I move the cursor after clicking the menu. I don't have to click sub menu or anything. I don't even get an opportunity to get to one of those. I can arrow key through the menus just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe this is an issue with Windows Display settings.  The number of spaces that one's mouse will be off on the menu will be determined by their Win10 Operating system  display settings - "Scale and layout" (size of text, apps and other items) setting.   If I set this setting to 100%,  the menu bar operates properly.  As I increase the  percentage to 125%, 150% +++ the number of spaces that my mouse is "off" grows with each incremental increase.  I have a high resolution monitor and 100%  is a ridiculous setting for all of my other apps (just to get photoshop to work)  This is indeed a bug.  Please fix this quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it that a user has to troubleshoot something like this after three months of Adobe evidently not lifting a finger to investigate the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here we are in August 2021 and Adobe still hasn't fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for an accurate diagnosis of why this behavior is occurring: returning to 100% scaling returns the menus to normal behavior. I also need to upscale my display to make apps like PS usable. Rollhack to the previous version is the only fix I know. I wonder if Mac users have this same set of issues: the need to scale up the display and trying to make the PS user interface readable by changing the high DPI monitor compatibility settings. I do suspect some Windows haters in the background somewhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, KenJazz, there is a preference in Edit/Preference/Workspace to align to OS settings. was that checked or unchecked? does it help?

There is no hate for a given platform, trust me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setting was checked. I unchecked it with no change to the behavior. The only thing that changes the behavior is changing the display scaling back to 100%. But thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure: you do restart after checking such preference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I’ve figured out how to fix my menu behavior problem. I had my display scaling set to 150% and the PS .exe compatibility settings for High DPI displays setting to System (enhanced). While changing the scaling to 100% did fix the menus, by changing the High DPI setting to Application also fixed the menus with the scaling left at 150%.

The preferences setting for Workspace Align UI being checked or unchecked made no difference. (Yes, I did restart PS between changing the check mark.)

I would think that there would be an easier way of dealing with today’s high DPI monitors and some apps. Even in PS, the UI is small for my elderly eyes… (And I have used the Preference settings to try to scale them larger.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the information at https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/community-consolidation-announcement/611d82e2... "All the engineers, product managers, and champions from the feedback site will migrate to the community to help address feature requests and bug reports") will this bug finally be addressed???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines