• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

migrate custom patterns

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to migrate my custom patterns to a new machine.  I don't find them located in the presets\Patterns folder nor with the  presets manager export/import tool. Any idea where photoshop is storing them? I am running PS 2022 under Windows 10.

thankx for any help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

It should be as simple as having Preset Syncing enabled in Preferences, and an Internet connection.  I have not tested it myself, but that's how I understand it to work.

https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/photoshop/using/sync-presets.html

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ever saved the pat-files Photoshop stored them where you pointed it to, likely 

My mistake, this would be the path for file »Patterns.psp« – the Patterns in the Patterns Panel. 

Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [version]\Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, copied the wrong line: 

Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [version]\Presets\[feature name]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunatelly they are not stored there.

I did a quick test on the new machine:

• made a selection in any image layer
  • create a pattern from this selection in the menu 'Edit-Use as Pattern' (might be slightly different because I use a french localised PS)
  • you are prompted for a name but never for a location where to store the pattern
  • using a find '*.pat' on %user%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\    I located a new pattern under %user%\

AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\6827749550DC67C40A490D45_AdobeID\creative_cloud\dcx\49366ac0-b57e-4c71-ae60-5b9aaef1ca91\components\00d0acd4-b654-4cf5-863e-a58467d76d3d.pat

At best I will import all of them from the location on the old machine and then clean the unwanted and duplicates in the pattern manager tool. But I would prefer a easier export method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select them all in the Patterns Panel and »Export Selected Patterns«. 

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 11.47.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't find them located in the presets\Patterns folder nor with the  presets manager export/import tool.

Patterns are available under Edit > Presets > Import/Export Presets – naturally they have to have been saved at one time and the pat-files need to reside in the proper location. 

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 12.20.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for spending time on this issue.

Only the patterns in %user%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop [version]\Presets\Patterns do appear in the list. I made a test by dropping a pattern in that location.

But meanwhile I solved the problem with the Creative Cloud syncing option (see other reply by Trevor Dennis).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be as simple as having Preset Syncing enabled in Preferences, and an Internet connection.  I have not tested it myself, but that's how I understand it to work.

https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/photoshop/using/sync-presets.html

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preset Syncing was activated on the new machine. But on the old machine in PS V23.4.2  the option was not even present in the preferences while it was present but not activated in PS V22.5.8 (yes I have multiple versions installed). Strange but activating it in PS V22 made it also appear in V24. And as expected I can now access these custom patterns on the new machine.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question but I am using CS5. I cannot find my custom patterns anywhere. I am still using CS5 because I live in an area where the internet is not always stable and require all software on my local machine. Thus I wouldn't find my .pat files in the cloud. Thanks for any help you can give me. The User/.....Presets/Patterns folder does not contain my custom patterns as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder hierarchy changed with Creative Cloud, and I am having trouble tracking down the CS6 and earlier file locations.  What operating system are you using?  If Windows, you need to enable Hidden Files and Folders in File Explorer.

image.png

What you can do then is to select your C: drive and search for patterns.psp

If you are using a Mac, then I am sure someone else can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, that worked, Dennis. In case this comes up again, CS5 on Windows 10 the path is Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings.  Much appreciate your help.

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines