Migration Assistant / Importing workspace not working in PS2022 (v23.0.1)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I exported an workspace out of PS2021 (v22.5.3) and imported it in PS2022 (v23.0.1 under macOS Monterey). The file "workspace.psw" found its way into the Application Support -- Photoshop 2022 - Presets - WorkSpaces Folder but the workspace doesn't show up in Photoshop. Tried it severeal times, copied it manual as well, several restarts. I can't select my custom workspace in PS, it doesn't show up in den Menu.

Please help, I don't want to arrange all palettes again.

It seems to be a problem with the migration assistant - I had to manually import keyboard shortcuts as well, the actions palette only could be loaded within the actions palette, importing via migration assistant didn't work either. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I fixed it. 

I imported the workspace file via PS migration assistant. This moved the workspace file (.psw) into the application support presets workspace folder. Then I imported it in PS again from this folder. Then my workspace showed in the menu. yippee

If anybody is wondering: to show your user library (which is hidden by default) you have to press ctrl+cmd+. i. finder. 

Just for clarification: This was all about migrating workspace, actions and keyboard shortcuts from one computer to the other. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines