• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mirrored image has text backwards

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I flipped an image Horizontally(mirrored) but text is now backwards whats the best way to fix it without using the distort tool to pull it to the new perspective?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to flip the entire document. Target the image layer you want to flip, and use Edit > Transform > Flip horizontal.

The other layers, including your text layer, stay as they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flipping a layer flips the layer it does not mirror the layer. Everything will be one the reveres side Left will be on the right  and right will be on the left.   In a mirror  right stays on the right and left says in the left thing from your perspective  may seem to be reversed to you they are not they are mirrored

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry I wasn't very clear here is an example of my problem the image is flipped but the text such as the sign is now backwards I was wondering if there is and easy fix for this besides targeting the sign flipping it horizontal and using distort to align it to its new perspective.Bakkerij.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. In that case you have to select the sign (or just the text) and put that on a separate layer. Use Edit > Transform > Distort to align the perspective.

If image quality is important, it'll pay off to convert into a Smart Object first. This way you can transform repeatedly without cumulative degradation. You still get some, but only once on final commit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to do it would be to rebuild the sign.

Select the sign and then simply make the background layer of the sign black and then add the text to where you want it to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree that faking the sign would be best, but if you really want to use the original pixels. I suggest that your first square them up so that the transform handles fit the corners.  I have not done a great job below, but you'll see what I mean.

OK that, and make it a Smart Object.  It then becomes a simple task to hold down Ctrl (Cmd) while dragging the corners to match the sign

\

To rebuild, I would start by copying the balloons to a new layer and moving it to the top of the stack.

Then outline the sign with the Pen tool, make it a selection, and fill the selection on new layer with any colour.  Note this is my preferred way of working using the layer we just created as a template.  There are several ways we can use it from this point on.

You could lock its opacity, run a gradient across it after sampling the sign colours. Give it some noise and an inner shadow.

Note how it is fitting behind our copied balloons layer.

Then add the text (Rockwell Bold is close)

Make the text layer a Smart Object, and fit to the sign making the bounding box fit the sign outline.

I finished off by matching the background better, and stamping a tree brush on a layer clipped to the sign layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much I have an idea now on how to tackle the situation now it isn't as easy as I thought but with your suggestion it seems like I will be able to manage it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the very beginning of your fine tutorial, how did you first make the sign from diagonal to a rectangle / square?

You mentioned something about squaring the pixels etc. "I suggest that your first square them up so that the transform handles fit the corners."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to compensate for the perspective by transforming the selection. This is the reverse of what you would do, when typesetting and adjusting for the perspective.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd just use clone stamo and match it up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you need to deal with

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines