Missing Content Aware features in Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately my content aware stopped working and I can no longer remove objects as simply using the lasso tool, content aware and presto it's removed. What am I doing wrong all of a sudden? Please advise?

{Title corrected by Mod}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Darry,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Photoshop's content-aware. We are here to help!

Could you please share the system info from Photoshop (Help > System Info)? Do you notice this on any particular document, or do all documents behave similarly? Have you recently updated the operating system on your computer?

Also, please share if you have tried any troubleshooting steps?

Please ensure the Photoshop is up to date via the Creative Cloud. Check this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html

You can also try to backup & reset Photoshop. Please backup the preferences of Photoshop following these steps:

Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder.

• macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]

Copy this folder and keep it as a backup. Once you have taken the backup, please reset Photoshop by following the steps from this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Please let us know if this helps!

Regards,
Sameer K

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines