• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mistaken keyboard command

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally pressed the Option key (Mac keyboard) iin addition to pressing Command - V to paste. And a new window opened without tools or other palettes. I could't get rid of the window without force-quitting Photoshop. Can anyone tell me what happened and what to do if I get in that situaiton again?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

@Peter G Millward 

Cmd+Opt+V is the shortcut for the vanishing point dialog. There is a "Cancel" button in the upper right.

janee_0-1661972648088.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Adding to the reply from jane-e, the ESCape key should also cancel if you can't see a button to do so.

If you have no need for this feature you could change or remove the keyboard shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter G Millward 

Cmd+Opt+V is the shortcut for the vanishing point dialog. There is a "Cancel" button in the upper right.

janee_0-1661972648088.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, jane-e. This is just what I needed to know.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to the reply from jane-e, the ESCape key should also cancel if you can't see a button to do so.

If you have no need for this feature you could change or remove the keyboard shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Stephen A. Marsh. It's always good to have additional information. I should probably explore the vanishing point feature.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines