Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mockup Help - Can't Seem to Achieve Result

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 🙂 

I have downloaded some square box mockups for tea packaging, and have successfully used them in Photoshop with my design. I have created three designs using individual square box mockups with no issues. The last one is using a mockup with three boxes instead of one. When I paste my design into the layer as a 'smart object' (as normal), the design shows up on all of the boxes instead of just the one.

For example, when I paste into the layer for "left box-left side" the design shows up on the left side of all three boxes. Can anyone help me figure out what's happening? I have been using mockups several times and never experienced this. 

I greatly appreciate any advice! ☺️

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Hi   @Sophie24946194l4bi

It sounds like you copied the first Smart Object to make the other two.  If you don't want edits to a Smart Object to be reflected in copies of a Smart Object, you need to use New Smart Object via Copy after right clicking the original Smart Object layer.

image.png

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried just opening the art in question not as a smart object and just placing it as a layer where you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Leslie, 

Thank you, I appreciate your suggestion. I was able to achieve the result with the recommendation from Trevor's comment ☺️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi   @Sophie24946194l4bi

It sounds like you copied the first Smart Object to make the other two.  If you don't want edits to a Smart Object to be reflected in copies of a Smart Object, you need to use New Smart Object via Copy after right clicking the original Smart Object layer.

image.png

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...  I think I can claim a prize for the most times Smart Object was used in a single sentence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a lot of Smarts Objects alright 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Trevor.Dennis 

Thank you so much for your help, your solution worked! I had been wracking my brain trying to figure this out. 

Thank you again! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines