• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modifer un fichier lié dupliqué

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Petite question de newbie mais je m'interroge sur la possibilité de changer le lien d'un fichier importé et lié.
L'avantage étant que dans ce cas avec un clic droit on peut remplacer la source en un clin d'oeil.
Cependant comment faire si je décide de dupliquer 4 fois l'objet importé dans un souci de rapidité et de conservation des proportions.
Comment faire lorsque je clique sur une des copies et que je remplace le lien pour mettre à jour que cette copie et pas toutes les occurences ?
Merci
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nicol7348265 to clarify - are you trying to update just one linked Smart Object or update all linked Smart Objects at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and yhank you for your quick answer.
I imported 1 link object and then i duplicated it 4 times. (bottle project where i'm placing my images and then change them).
Once i right - click and change my file link all my 4 object are updated which i don't want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nicol7348265 its because they are all linked to the same source. You will need to open one link - then Save As to a new name. Then go back to your layers panel right-click the layer and relink to a new source to break the relationship.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand well. So in photoshop it's not possible to import / duplicate linked files and then change only one ? as it is possible in both Illustrator and Indesign but not in Photoshop ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in photoshop it's not possible to import / duplicate linked files and then change only one ? as it is possible in both Illustrator and Indesign but not in Photoshop ? 

By @nicol7348265

In InDesign and in Illustrator, if the links all go to the same asset, you make changes to the asset, and then only update one of the links, the other links will continue to show as broken links until they are also updated.

Photoshop does not have a links panel.

If you don't want the SOs linked, you can File > Place Embedded, or try some other ideas in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/unlinking-linked-smart-objects/m-p/86...

Also see these threads. Jesús says to choose New Smart Object Via Copy:

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nicol7348265 Illustartor and InDesign work the same with linked assets. If you embed assets - you can manage them individually. Import as Embedded smart object not linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But embeded or linked give same result if i import embedded or linked file and then duplicate it when updating one all are modified.
Strange that Adobe don't add a way to update only one linked file to change only the file linked like it is in Illustrator and indesign.

So i have to import and place one by one all my bottles really strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nicol7348265 it's because you are duplicating the same asset once in Photoshop. If you want to break them apart after duplicating, you need to open each, resave as a new name/source and relink each or import each as embedded individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je crois que tout est dans l'objet de ma demande 🙂

Petite question de newbie mais je m'interroge sur la possibilité de changer le lien d'un fichier importé / lié.
L'avantage étant que dans ce cas avec un clic droit on peut remplacer la source en un clin d'oeil.
Cependant comment faire si je décide de dupliquer 4 fois l'objet importé dans un souci de rapidité et de conservation des proportions.
Comment faire lorsque je clique sur une des copies et que je remplace le lien ne mettre à jour que cette copie et pas toutes les occurences ?

Merci d'avance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @nicol7348265 I merged this new post with your existing which was the same question. Please reply in the original thread if you have continued questions regarding this subject, which already has answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines