• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitor externo touch

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Olá, eu comprei um monitor externo touch para conseguir usar o photoshop da melhor maneira possível, mas só consigo usar gestos, não consigo pintar, apagar, etc, apenas adicionar layers, usar gestos de ampliar, coisas assim, já comprei uma caneta, a bamboo ink-active stylus gen 2, mas não connecta no meu PC, então também assumo que não funciona.. Ajudem eu só queria poder usar o photoshop como uso o paint por exemplo, podendo desenhar, apagar, de maneira mais precisa possível com o touch que o ecrã tem
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

On the flip side, you should have done your research before purchasing this. I understand you are frustrated but this was posted and known not to work before you bought.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-finger-painting-drawing-support-for-touch-screen-monitors/idc-p/8857611#M10578

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

What type of external monitor did you purchase? Is it a tablet? And what version of Photoshop are you using?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I purchased a touch external monitor, that has 2 usb c, one mini hdmi
and a headphone jack and it suports hdr and is 144hz , bought on alibaba, I
plug the usb c and the hdmi and I can use Windows with touch funcionality,
I have the latest update of adobe photoshop since I updated it 2 days ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to make sure that I understand correctly, it is a monitor that is connected to your computer and not a tablet? What brand of monitor is it?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is an external monitor i bought from alibaba, it funcions as a
normal monitor, but its compact and gives Windows a touch funcionality its
made from premium materials and works very well also using a Samsung phone
as it uses dex Mode with the touch functionality that it has

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In searching the community on your issue, I found this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-finger-painting-drawing-support-for-touch...

Touch screen gestures are supported in Photoshop. Touch screen Finger Painting is not support for Photoshop Brush devices need to have buttons like left and right click and Click and hold. Like Track Pads and Wacom Tablets with touch. You can finger paint in Photoshop using those touch devices.

I am sorry to say that I don't think you will be able to do what you want with this monitor. But hit the upvote button to put it in the running for a possible future release.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt make any sence since those tablets and external touch monitor
should be the same, and also there should be a option to turn this on or off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration, and I hope they can program it into a future version of the software. There may be someone else in the forum that has more information to help.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touch screens are not the same nor do they have the same level of pressure sensitivity as a tablet like Wacom or Xencelabs. Two completely different technologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but at the same time, if they allow for it to use gestures and I can
use it to draw on paint, for example, they should give me that chance and
not rely on 3rd party software to try and fake the touch screen as a mouse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touch screen does not have the same pressure senstivity necessary to allow this.

It's like asking my dishwasher to also bake my cake. Two different technologies for two different uses.

If you want to use your fingers to touch a screen and paint in PS, invest in a Wacom One display or similar tablet with touch functionality not a monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im telling you that if i can use it to paint on paint it should also let me
do that even tho there arent pressure points or wharever, I bought the
monitor specially for that, let me use it the way i want, dont force it
just bc it doesnt have pressure sensitivity to not have that funcionality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the flip side, you should have done your research before purchasing this. I understand you are frustrated but this was posted and known not to work before you bought.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-finger-painting-drawing-support-for-touch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines