• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse actions in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a work around but I need some help to see what I am doing wrong.   

If I use Bridge and select a photo it opens in Camera Raw as expected.   After I select Open in Camer Raw it will go to Photoshop as expected.    If Photoshop is not already open then the mouse selections are messed up.  I can't accurately select from the Menus.  Such as Type, Select, Filter, 3D...etc..    If I click on Filter for example it selects Layer.   If I click on View then it selects Filter.    The alignment is off to the left.     Then if I want to make selections on a photo with the tools.   I can use the Spot Healing tool for example and instead of selecting just the spot it will create a line across the photo.  If I expand the size of the tool it just creates a large line.     I can't select just the spot of the size of the healing brush.     This crazy mouse movement happens with all the tools if I open Photoshop this way.

If I open Photoshop prior to allowing Camera Raw in auto open then everything works perfectly.    The problem appears to happen only in the way Photoshop is opened.      I can work around the problem.   But I would like to find out why this happens.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

@DRGSEA wrote on 07 November 2022:

I can't accurately select from the Menus. Such as Type, Select, Filter, 3D...etc. If I click on Filter for example it selects Layer. If I click on View then it selects Filter. 

I've only seen this once, and it was 15 or 20 years ago. I had the student reset Preferences and all was well. Try Edit > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit after backing up customization.

You can also rename the Preferences file and let PS create a new one. If it doe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DRGSEA wrote on 07 November 2022:

I can't accurately select from the Menus. Such as Type, Select, Filter, 3D...etc. If I click on Filter for example it selects Layer. If I click on View then it selects Filter. 

I've only seen this once, and it was 15 or 20 years ago. I had the student reset Preferences and all was well. Try Edit > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit after backing up customization.

You can also rename the Preferences file and let PS create a new one. If it doesn't help, you can delete the new one and restore the original by renaming it back again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Apologies for not seeing your post for almost a week.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the reset and it might have worked.  At least for the time being.    I kind of feel silly if it was that simple.   I have been using Photoshop for 15+ years and consider myself pretty good at it.  Not an expert but I can navigate pretty good.    I should have thought of this.    I will keep at it and see if that indeed was all it was.   Thank you for your help!!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon.  It worked for 24 hours.   The next day I am back to the menu items not lining up with the mouse click.     It only occurs again if I start Photoshop though Camera Raw.    I do a fresh start of Photoshop first then everything is okay.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this solution.   The high DPI setting was already disabled with I went to the Properties.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines