• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse Behavior Within The Solid Color Fill Layer

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice whenever I use the 'solid color' option on a new layer, the color won't change until I let go of the mouse.

It wasn't always this way - i remember the color changing as you moved the cursor through the various hues.

Was something changed along the way, or is there an option to restore this behavior?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works 'live' here on Windows 11. What exact version of Photoshop and macOS are you using?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS 6 - 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'll have to drop out here as I don't use Mac and uninstalled CS6 years ago.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you using?

Your referring to a Solid Color Adjustment Layer, selecting a color for a Shape layer from the tool options bar or....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solid Color Adjustment Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i can tell, Photoshop CC 2018 (ps ver 19.0) is when Adobe implemented being able

to see live color changes in the Solid Color Fill Adjustment Layer Color Picker.

So i don't believe there is anything wrong with your Photoshop CS6, it just doesn't have that ability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Odd, as I was able to do this previously in an earlir version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines