• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse over function in Photoshop in tools

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tools on the left side of the screen do not work with mouse over function. In the past version I used this to see direct what the function of the tool is. Is there a sollution to solve this, I have already reinstalled PS!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

This is a brilliant suggestion for a PC sales person, unfortunately not very helpful for an adobe photoshop user.

For your information the problem is solved with the 23.1 version!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the tool tips to be visible, make sure at least one of the options shown below is selected.

Photoshop-preferences-Tool-tips.jpg

Reinstalling might not change this if the preferences were not also reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. I have found a tempory sollution by deleting version 23 and installing version 22.5.3 This version works with the tools with mouse over function. I hope the following version 23.01 takes over the preferences of 22.5.3 version.

Thanks again! with kind regards

Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned earlier, i have problems with the display mouseover with the tools. It was in earlier versions possible to scroll over the tool and the information of the tool was directly displayed. This futute does not work in the higer versions!

The 22 version supports this option well.

It is the third time that I uninstalled the 23 version. Also the 23.1 is not an improvement.

Please notice this bug! This has nothing to do with the windows10!

[merged with previous post by moderator — please post once]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Show Rich Tool Tips checked in your preferences?

JeffreyTranberry_0-1637441991812.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I have selected these setting.

As i have mentioned earlier. With the latest version the tools do not function correct. I have deinstalled the latest version. The tools do work well. How is this possible?

With kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you have to remove completely settings, unconventional way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion.
I will not do that, because this will corrupt my operating system or is it
not so dangerous?
I hope Adobe can solve this.
It is probably not a one user problem or is it?

Regards Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not system settings, but Photoshop's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

The problem is still not solved. Is it possob;e to clear all the photoshop data on my desktop so that I start with a complete new installation? Is this what you mean by the nonconventional way? 

I have tried several times to install version 23.0, 23.01 and 23.02

Only version 22.5.3 supports the mouseover function. In tools (gereedschappen)  I have selected all the preferences and it works (see attachments)

When I open Version 23.0 the preferences are also selected but the feature of mouseover and the animation of the function of the tools does not work. (file 2021-12-12(3)

Do you think i am the only user in the PS community with this problem? 

With kind regard,

Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall Photoshop to English version (23.0.2) and see if the problem still occurs.

(Creative Cloud Desktop > Account > Preferences > Applications > Installation > Language)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done what you said, unfortunaly without succes. The problem still occurs and there was an other problem created with this change.

The language is in English now also. The problem still exist and there is also an other problem with the newest version!. When you type then you do not see the tekst. I have placed a printscreen as an attachment!
The other versions are not installed now.

The version 22.5.3 was good, but it is advised to use the latest version.

What can I do to solve the problems?

Regards Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still exist and there is also an other problem with the newest version!.

When you type then you do not see the tekst.

2021-12-13 (1)_LI.jpg

2021-12-12 (4).png

I have placed a printscreen as an attachment!
The other versions are not installed now.

The version 22.5.3 was good, but it is advised to use the latest version.

What can I do to solve the problems?

Regards Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try on other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a brilliant suggestion for a PC sales person, unfortunately not very helpful for an adobe photoshop user.

For your information the problem is solved with the 23.1 version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I hoped you can try on other machine to see if with similar settings the problem still occurs. btw didn't you say it exists in newest version though now you say it finally works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines