• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Tool not Moving Layers Unless I Use Ctrl+T

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move tool (Ctrl V) is not moving layers. The only way I can move a layer is to use the transform option (Ctl+T). I have tried resetting the move tool, resetting preferences on start up, unchecking the "Auto-select" box, using the direct selection tool (which also doesn't work), checking the "show transform controls" option. Nothing is working except when I go to free transform (Ctl T). 

I have updated CC to the most recent update today hoping that would fix it, but alas, it did not. I am now currently running 21.2.3 release of Photoshop CC2020. I am on a Windows 10 machine. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

And now, it suddenly works again...idk what happened. I didn't do anything but keep the project open and then let Photoshop think about its purpose in life... 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up Illustrator to see if I had the same problem and I do. So maybe it's something within my computer???? I haven't done anything new/made changes. I can't move ANY layer in Illustrator...only if I use the arrow keys. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move tool (Ctrl V) is not moving layers.

Can you show a screen shot? Also, Ctrl+V is the shortcut for Paste, although either key alone is the shortcut for the Move tool. I thinks that's a typo, but please confirm.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry, typo. Just the "V" key will do Move lol. 

Here's with the "auto select" box checked:SS 1.jpg

I've tried other files, and every layer. None are locked. In Photoshop, I can only move a layer using CTL+t and in Illustrator I can't move at all unless using the arrow keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now, it suddenly works again...idk what happened. I didn't do anything but keep the project open and then let Photoshop think about its purpose in life... 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it's working, but that's baffling!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky you, mine is still not working, even with all I'm reading and trying to do...  😞  So frustrated right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey.

i have the same problem for the second time.

first time, suddenly the problem was gone just like that, now its happening again. Some one told me there are some bug issues. You had this problem again since you posted this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ugh i am having this issue now too!!! Its been a year...i guess this problem hasn't been fixed? HELP ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines