• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move tool on iPad is not smooth and precise

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using photoshop for iPad for several weeks so far however, I am into PS desktop for many years. The problem on my PS iPad version is, move tool does not move things smoothly. Once I try to drag a layer around, it moves 5-10 pixels on each drag. I cant do precise edits. I want to move my layers one pixel sometimes but I cant. Anyone has the same issue? Or is it just my iPad? Or maybe there is a setting that needs to be switched on?

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Which version of Photoshop on iPad are you using? Since when are you seeing this issue? Does this happen with specific file types or all files?

Did you try re-installing the application?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens since the beginning but it doesnt happen on all photos but they are all jpegs. 
Photoshop v4.2 

yes I reinstalled it but no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, using layers with drawings on a layer with a tif image. For now I switch to the computer, but indeed not very convenient. I would be interested to know if there is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Annemiek5E0A 

Thanks for highlighting this. Are you still seeing this issue? Would you mind sharing your iPadOS and Photoshop versions? Did you try re-installing the application?

Also, clearing the cache files helps at times. We're here to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing your iPadOS and Photoshop versions?

By @Ranjisha Sengupta

The Move tool is super fast for me, both with my finger and Apple Pencil 2. I wonder if there are other factors?

iPadOS: 17.1.2

Photoshop for iPad: 5.4 (202331204.515)

iPad Pro (11-inch) (2nd generation)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's pretty terrible to do precise work on the iPad version. Unfortunately, all Adobe support does is tell you to reinstall and clear cache (the most basic computer troubleshooting). 

hopefully they'll update it or include nudge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is a huge issue for me. I simply can't make precise small moves and layers snap to a pretty fixed chunky grid default. The ability to make small smooth moves is essential for professional and crisp layouts and design. Very disappointing. I don't understand why the development of Photoshop for iiPadOS is sooo slow in adding features. What makes it so difficult? No guides yet!! It's been 4 years since Photoshop for iPad was released. Meanwhile, Adobe Express for iPhone has a super handy 4 direction micro nudge button that is super useful. Priorities?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can we expect a response or solution for this? When attempting to move a selection, it moves 5-10 pixels at a time no matter where I put my finger or Apple Pencil. It's not smooth. It's acting like it's snapping to something but I can't imagine what. The only workaround is to have a keyboard and use arrows to adjust one pixel at a time.

There's a reddit thread on this too: https://www.reddit.com/r/photoshop/comments/y4vwgq/how_do_i_turn_off_snapping_in_photoshop_for_ipad/

Very disappointing to see this is an unaddressed issue after a whole year has gone by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

iPadOS 16.7.2, Photoshop 5.4. I'm glad to hear it works perfectly on newer iPads and will hopefully enjoy that when I upgrade later this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines