• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving a layers adds a box around layer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having this problem?  When I click on a layer to move it, a white box shows up behind the element!  I can't get it to go away.  I've shut down, upgraded, etc.  Can't figure it out and it's making me crazy.  Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 4.02.04 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

It seems to be a corrupt file.  Started a new document and transferred everything and that helped.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rachelleg86637997, that sounds frustrating! Is it still happening? If you haven't tried it already, reset your Preferences using this manual method: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually. If that doesn't make any difference, quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

A few more things you can try: be sure your GPU drivers are up-to-date, check “Deactivate Native Canvas” under Technology Previews in Preferences. Restart Photoshop. If you still see the white box behind a transparent layer, uncheck “Use Graphics Processor” in the Performance tab. If you still have the problem, from Photoshop under Help > System Info, click the copy button and paste the text in a reply to this thread. We'll take a look to see if we can figure out what's going on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that image isn't on the white background? Can you share a screenshot that includes your layers?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question, @melissapiccone. I thought that could be the case, but there is a duplicate image of the holly berries as transparent to the right, so I assumed that would already be ruled out. Still, it's a possibility!

JEL_0-1671466305771.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this only happen when the Move tool is active? If you select another layer, or click a different tool, does the transparency come back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be a corrupt file.  Started a new document and transferred everything and that helped.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, glad to hear you were able to figure it out. Thanks for coming back to let us know, @rachelleg86637997.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines