• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving files from Photoshop to Lightroom not happening correctly (macOS)

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There! Does someone knows how to trasfer now file from photoshop to lighroom quick as it was before ( it was so easy and quick just through share, but they took off this option in february i think  ). 

thank you

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble with Lightroom & Photoshop. Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

If you can clarify a few things for me, we can get to the bottom of this. 

What are the versions of the applications, Lightroom, Photoshop, and your operating system?

Do you use the File> Save/Save option, or do you close the document from the (X) on the document tab? How are you moving your File from Photoshop to Lightroom? Would you mind sharing your workflow? Do you notice this issue after any system or application update?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences.

You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! thank you for your reply.

Normally i didi all necessary editing in photoshop and then through the buton in the up right corner was symbol of “share”( where was all sharing options and one of them was to open in lightroom ) where i was sharing the photo straight to the lightroom.. 
i did an update like a month ago and from then this buton is changed , so when i press it it only gives me the option to put picture in creative cloud, but no any other option to transfer to the lightroom, so i have to save the picture first to the computer and then add it to the lightroom which makes everything longer and not comfortable at all..

i do have option to do the same operation from lightroom to photoshop, but this is not what i need. 

i need the that share option from photoshop to lightroom with just one click like it was

i use Photoshop v23.4.1 and  lightroom v5.4
mac os monterey v 12.04

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand. But its just as easy to import  your Photoshop file into Lightroom, then it can be organized, tagged so its easy to find, and you can simply right.-click to edit when needed. Look at it as another way of. organizing your content.

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so its a pretty easy fix. I think you might be confusing round trip editing from Lightroom to Photoshop, no? (You can right-click any photo.  in Lightroom to edit it in Photoshop)
If you want your Photoshop file inside of Lightroom, simply. import it into Lightroom! Just make. sure that you check the "Maximize Compatibility" option so it wont matter as much if the applications are both updated.

Hope that helps!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines