Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multichannel transparency?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I would like to have the background transparent on a multichannel image.

If I try this via the lock icon, the background cannot be unlocked.
If I convert the image from multichannel to CMYK, Gray, etc., then everything works.
However, I absolutely need the multichannel mode because I have assembled the image from several spot colors.

Can anyone tell me how to create transparency in multichannel mode or does anyone know an alternative?

Please have also a look to the attached picture.

Thanks for the answers. 🙂 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I understand the explanation of what multichannel mode is, there can be no transparency. This shows by the background layer name being italic, which also cannot be changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Daniel26592917g9kj â€“ You could have a Grayscale/RGB/CMYK mode file with no channel data,  using spot channels... There is no need to use Multichannel mode if it is going to restrict your requirement of using transparency. The 5th BLACK channel data could be moved into the grayscale channel or the K channel if needed, keeping the other 4 channels as spots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines