• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple exposure effect with stack modes?

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some searching but can't find guidance for my particular interest. Perhaps I'm using incorrect terms.

I'm planning an environmental portait of a client, in which she appears in several locations in a single environment. (Happens to be indoors.) Would you call this something like a composite multiple exposure? I'll of course be locked down on a tripod, and will shoot a "plate" of the scene without her, and then will place her in 4-6 different areas of the scene. Once in Photoshop, are stack modes more effective or efficient than blend modes? Or vice versa? Or perhaps both? I'm not planning on changing lighting across the scene, nor do I want any "ghosting" effects- pretty straightforward, visually anyway. I'll experiment of course but curious about useful starting points, especially if they change my capture strategy. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post (lores-versions of) some of the images? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think you can use stack modes for this. You'll have to use masks.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a straight ford composite.  The selections are super easy if you are using the current version of Photoshop, although that will obviously depend on how busy the background is behind the subject in each location.  Where it might get complicated is if the subject in one location is shading the subject in another location, and or thowing a shadow that would fall on the subject.  I might be inclinded to get some help of an additional person of roughly the same size and shape, and place them accordingly.  It's things like shading and shadows that make a scene look wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines