• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multiple images in one image

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i'm very new to Photoshop and just recently i took images of kite surfers doing jumps from when they took of to when they landed, i would like to make one image out of the multiple images, please treat me as a very new novice.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Maybe this video can help you something https://youtu.be/NnpUpR_4FoY

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are very new, I would highly recommend you learn how to use Photoshop from a reliable resource first.

Getting Started in Photoshop 

You can start with the helpx site which can give you guidance and test files to practice on:

How to Composite in Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to combine the images using masks.

1. Select one image as your background.

2. Add the next image (File >Place Embeded) so it appears in the next layer and use a selection (which tool depends on the image but try select object or select and mask) to create a mask. A mask makes part of a layer visible where the mask is white and transparent where the mask is black

Repeat for the next image....etc

It is just like building up a set of images drawn on transparent sheets of plastic and viewing them top down

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume they are all shot at same pixel size and on a tripod.

File >> Scripts >>Load Files into Stacks

select the images

the result will give you a layer for each image, in the order of the filename selection

Then adjust the layers how you would like. Maybe you want to use blending modes, or add masks and paint in the mask to brush away elements you do not want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you want to use blending modes, or add masks and paint in the mask to brush away elements you do not want.

Thanks for the help but you have lost me with this sentance ; )

By @Mike_Gondek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understanding this right, you are trying to make collage of images?  If so, you may want to consider doing this in Lightroom's Print Module.  It's been some time since I last used it, but I remember it being super easy to make a collage there.  A collage template for Photoshop may also be desired.

And if I'm completely misunderstanding the request, feel free to let me know!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this video can help you something https://youtu.be/NnpUpR_4FoY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bojan thats just what i want to do 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bojan the video was just what i want to do but i see they are using Photoshop CC i tried to an image but i couldn't get another image on to the main image the masking wasn't working am i missing something, when i turn down the opacity there isn't another image  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot with Layers panel visible.

"i tried to an image but i couldn't get another image on to the main image"

It does not matter they are using previous version of Photoshop, feature to place didn't change, same with masking. I am confused by this part: "when i turn down the opacity there isn't another image" so please post screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bojan i have managed to sort it out but the images i took this won't work as i followed the kitesurfer and every image is in the middle of the frame , so next time i know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still may be able to help.  Try posting some photos of you'd like 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to upload images but can only upload 3 then error message server to busy" will try tomorrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post one set of (downsampled) images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines