• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My 3d Cube wont copy the same angles when duplicated

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I bring in a 3d model or create one in photoshop and copy paste to create a copy the copy doesnt have the same angles as the original.  Not sure what is happening and even if I flatten it the angles are not the same in the copy.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact version of Photoshop are you using, 3D features are been discontinued

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.  Im not using any 3d features.  I have an image that is the cube that I flatten and even when I put the flat cube into photoshop and copy it it doesnt have the same angle.  Im using the newest version of photoshop.  Im just trying to create a grid look and its not aligning even when copy/pasting a flattened image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Im not using any 3d features"

Can you explain further the steps that you are taking and attach screenshots at the steps which show what you do and what happens when something changes unexpectedly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 3d image of a cube that I rasterize and the when I make the copy it is distorted.  Even taking a cube image off the internet and copy pasting next to the same cube it is distorted.  Any flat 3d object that I put into photoshop and copy it doesnt give me the same angle like in the attached image.  Never had an issue like this and I've used photoshop for years.  this is wierd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the issue is that it is not distorted. By taking a direct copy of the image, which has perspective, and moving that copy next to the original, you now have two vanishing points, whereas moving it in the real world (or in 3D space) would have used the same vanishing point so the cube edges would change angle.

You need to work in 3D or distort the faces of the copied and moved cube, using a tool such as perpective warp.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this.  I never tried somethng like this to experience it.  Just thought I would get the same thing copied.  Will use the tool or work in 3d.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The attached might help with the explanation above. To work with "cubes" in perspective there should be a single vanishing point at each corner. Simple copying and pasting in 2D creates two in each corner and therefore looks wrong in perspective. So, to make it look realistic and in perspective,  you need to copy then resize and distort each face of the cube - not just make a 2D copy of the entire cube.

2022-04-01_17-56-42.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines