• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My brush goes absolutely insane in many directions and the only fix is to quit photoshop.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My brush, selection, moving, anything pretty much seems to go crazy. Its better illustrated with this image below. It will work normally for a while, that can be 10 minutes to 1 hours maybe and then out of the blue it happens....brusherrorphotoshop.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using for input devices? Mouse, tablet/pen, etc?

If a wireless mouse, is it battery operated/rechargeable? (Suspecting low batteries/charge) or is it on a reflective surface where the tracking laser is reflecting somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, Im using a wacom intuos pro tablet +pen , and a normal mouse. Im not sure if this is linked to the tablet as I think it has happend even when the tablet wasnt plugged in, but I cant say for sure 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try both ways - unplug the Wacom tablet for a while and then switch and turn off the mouse.

See if you can identify which input is causing this.

Also make sure your Wacom drivers are up to date.

However, when I see something of this nature, its normally the physical input causing issue not software related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im afraid it seems like a software issue now that I've unplugged everything from wacom tablet to mouse to keyboard to see if it would fix it like you said - I then tried another software and it works absolutely fine there ...but back on photoshop nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Go to Preferences/General and click the reset button. You'll need to relaunch PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines