My display drivers are suddenly not working with PS 2022.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few weeks ago a problem surfaced when I tried to use PS.   When I open an image (jpg, pdf, ps) it is so grainy that I can't even tell what it is and yet when I first open PS and it shows me all my past images that I have worked on, I can see them all very plainly.  But the minute I open one of them, it transforms it into an unrecognizable blob.  I am using Windows 10 and my Intel display drivers all appear to be up to date.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyword here is driverS - Photoshop can only utilize one at a time.

Follow the suggestions on this page to deactivate your lesser of the two.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#multiple-gpus

What are your current graphics cards?

Kevin Stohlmeyer
Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin - thanks for helping.  So I ran the compatibility check and got the attached window saying the graphics processor is compatible but my drivers are out of date.  So I opened my Intel drivers link and it said I had a recommended driver but it also gave me a warning (see attached).  I'm not sure if I should download the Intel driver update or not.  Thoughts?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, I think I discovered the problem but I have zero idea how to fix it.  I have three Dell monitors.  Two are identical and one is different.  When I went to my advanced display settings, I noticed that my main monitor, the different one is using a Dell and the other two are using an Intel driver.  See attached.  But here's the weird thing.  When I open PS on my main monitor (Display 2) that is using the Dell P3221D graphics, all graphics are distorted and pixilated.  When I move PS to my Display 1 using the SE2717H graphics card all the graphics are perfect.  Which makes sense.  However, and here is where it gets weird, if I move PS to my third monitor using the same Intel graphics as monitor #1, the pictures are all pixilated again.  So I started looking at the display information on each monitor and found that Monitor 1 and Monitor 3 are showing different display information.  See the attachments for each.  This is way over my head of how to get these all on the same one so I can use it. Ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the link I posted. It sepcifically gives directions on how to resolve multiple monitors/graphics cards.

Kevin Stohlmeyer
Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry.  I got to the first step and got sidetracked.  I will follow through with the remaining instructions.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines