• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My entire screen + image has gone green HELP

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP - my entire screen has gone GREEN, the open image included. This has only happened today. I've closed photoshop several times and re started plus have shut down my (almost new) imac and restarted. I've looked fpr possible solutions but can't find any - opened several images and the same thing happens, completely green screen. Has worked fine before today. I have photoshop elements as well, opened an image and this is fine, but I need the full photoshop as of right now. Please can you help??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Can you try this: go to Preferences >Technology Previews > enable Deactivate Native Canvas. Quit Photoshop and relaunch.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try this: go to Preferences >Technology Previews > enable Deactivate Native Canvas. Quit Photoshop and relaunch.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW, genius, thank you SO much, yes that worked. How did you know that?? Thank you so much, I was literally going mad trying to figure it out!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultp3zbxr0z6e8j wrote:

WOW, genius, thank you SO much, yes that worked. How did you know that?? Thank you so much,

You're welcome — I learned it from spending a few minutes reading the forums each day. I've copied this from another ACP that explains it:

Adobe is updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe is sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.

Checking “Deactivate Native Canvas” switches Photoshop to use the older functions.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That said, I recommend to post some system specs from Help>System info... to this feedback thread: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2240-images-appear-as-bright-green/...

Also, some users reported that recreating the preferences cured the issue, other reinstalled Ps, so that you can benefit from the new GPU pathway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane!!!! It works!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @susanm34600786 ! 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Jane!!! Fixed my green screen too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Daphne Mae 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines