• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My file is missing an important layer when I reopened

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a personal project using Adobe Photoshop 2021, after working on it for a while, I hit Ctrl+S to save my progress, exit the app then reopened it to double check, to my surprise the current layer I'm working on has disappeared, I couldn't find it anywhere, but all the other layers, the custom brushes and swatches I created are still saved. I don't know what went wrong but the missing layer is really important to me, is there anyway to recover it ? or is it a bug ? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reported bug that is deleting layers when saving.

Are you certain you opened the same document and did not save a copy in another location?

Did you check the file modified date - does it match your last save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The top row of options within the Layers panel allow for different types of layer filtering. Are any of these options on which may be hiding the layer you are looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines