Exit

My Fonts Aren't Showing up In Photoshop [2017]

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Note from moderator: this thread is from 2017. If you are having

a similar issue, please start a new thread, as things have changed.]

Most of my fonts aren't showing up in Photoshop. They were all there last week, and are still available in Illustrator. How do I get them back in Photoshop?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Try resetting your preferences. As long as your fonts are in the systems font folder, you should not have any issues.

Ctrl-k on windows or cmd-k on mac and scroll down to bottom of dialog, then select reset preferences on next start.

If you have an older version of photoshop then you need to hold down all three modifier keys when restarting photoshop.

ctrl, alt and shift on windows

cmd, opt and shift on mac

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences. As long as your fonts are in the systems font folder, you should not have any issues.

Ctrl-k on windows or cmd-k on mac and scroll down to bottom of dialog, then select reset preferences on next start.

If you have an older version of photoshop then you need to hold down all three modifier keys when restarting photoshop.

ctrl, alt and shift on windows

cmd, opt and shift on mac

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font with the issue is Dummies (from a variety of sources ).
Installed other fonts after that, all working fine
Only Adobe apps are having a problem with that font.
MS Office sees it. So does the Open Suite, with all Win 10 OS build.
Looks like an  Adobe issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same issue with Dummies font. Works everywhere but PShop.  I'm pretty sure it previousely did because I have an example of work using it. Frustrating to spend so much time trying to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't help at all, it erased all my presets... Don't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't help me and the problem for me is with Gotham font...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Gotham font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? Gotham does show up in Premiere Pro, so it is there and it is recognized by Adobe applications. Just not photoshop. 

And btw, I did reset preferences, lost all my favorited font selections and other preferences I would have liked to keep, and it did not resolve the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, in September 2022 😞 God I hate this software lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too with Gotham font. I noticed that if I check the font in Finder, it doesn't have the .otf extension that most other fonts do. Could it be that a Photoshop update has made it more sensitive to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@suzeromovingimages Is that a type 1 font? Support for Type 1 has been discontinued in Photoshop and that will follow in other apps.

Photoshop:
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/announcement-end-of-support-postscript-type-1-fonts.html

Other apps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/fonts/kb/postscript-type-1-fonts-end-of-support.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I redownloaded the Gotham Family from here and now it's working for me in Photoshop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version on dfonts.org worked for me. Thank you!

The preferences reset did not work.

I'm on a Mac OS 12.5.1 Monterery

PS 23.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me contrary to what the actual forum recommended answer was!

Do not reset your settings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all the solutions listed in the help document.

Nothing has solved the issue except installing an earlier version of Photoshop.

Before you suggest that it is a Type1 Font issue I'm having, it is not. OpenType fonts are also being affected.
[Private information removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let's dig into this, we need way more info:

Which font does not show up?

Is there a font manager?

Are you on a PC/Mac? where is the font located?

Would the latest version work with fresh preferences? Try to restore your preferences to the default using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work. My PS, PSE and CC are up to date, and the font is in the System >Fonts folder.

Running Win10 OS Build 19041.423 installed 08/20/2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the font with the issue is Dummies (from a variety of sources ) .
Installed other fonts after that, all working fine
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yves Leroux

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I just typed it in a program that the font opened in, (Like MS Office, etc), then copied and pasted it into PS2020

Why it is not showing in Adobe products (I have an older Illustrator where it is not on the list either), I have no idea.  Must be a bug on Adobe's end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with my updated PS 2022... I can't load my Font Book fonts. I tried resetting the preferences and restarting my computer. It does not work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - with Version 22.0.0. Have tried re-installing fonts over and over again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I've tried resetting the the preferences too, that doesn't work either. It has to be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot_2577.pngscreenshot_2578.pngAdobe fonts not working/syncing/activating across all Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines