• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Hahnemuhle ICC paper profile is installed but doesnt show in Photoshop printer profile dropdown

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an Epson 7890 printer and using HahnemuhlePhoto Rag Matt Fine Art Smooth paper

I installed the profile HFA_Eps9890_MK_PhotoRag.icc in the Library/Colour Sync/Profiles folder on my 2019 MacBook Pro but it won’t show up in the Printer Profile drop down menu in Printer SetUp

Colour Management in Photoshop 2022 when I try to print a document. Was using Big Sur and seems like an update caused this to happen. Updated to Monterey  but still same. Anyone else have this problem?

Epson ICC's had disappeared too but returned when I printer and then reinstalled it. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got sorted. Despite using two versions of the profile plus freshly downloaded ones from the paper manufacturer site I tried profile repair and they repaired an error  in the profile. It now shows up in CC and is back working again as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this info - it seems many of us are having nightmares printing to both Hahnemuhle & Canson Infinity papers.

For myself I'm currently using OSX 11.6.4 and getting nowhere with resolving icc issues but am very hesitant to upgrade to Monterey as Adobe are posting known issues about an inability to save files! https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-monterey.html

So my question is other than repairing the icc profiles (thx for the link) have you experienced any further problems since upgrading from Big Sur to Monterey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sorted this only today and have just printed one set of prints and everything went as normal. I cant see anything amiss (yet!) with the upgrade to Monterey. All the Photoshop 2022 (23.1.1) stuff seems to be working as normal. If I come across anything will let you know. Luckily I have a PC laptop with a version of CS4 that has been trusty for years, basic but still works for printing, and that got me through this the last couple of days.

Hahnemuhle told me the ICC issue started with Big Sur two updates ago so you would have to go back to one before that to resolve. I had no choice but to upgrade …fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thx Chris.

My advice would be think long and hard before upgrading to  23.2.1 since as I mentioned before there are Known Issues but I'm very pleased you can now carry on printing.

For the moment I've stayed with Big Sur but following you post I bit the bullet and ran Colorsync app which repaired the HFA German Etching profile and ... lo and behold I've got a print that doesn't make me want to burst into tears!

There's another bug that stops 'Print Settings' being available when using Canson Infinity profiles and despite ColorSync fixing profile issues the bug remains for me.

So for now many thx again for your post and any further info you can offer is very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines