• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My images don't show in Photoshop when opened

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop 22.3.0 on the new MacBook Pro M1. Just recently I'm having problems opening an image in Photoshop. All I get is black (or white depending on screen setting). This is clearly a big problem as it's everywhere…and there are solutions to fix it, but none are working for me. The closest I can get is to turn the graphics processor off (that was a suggestion) in Preferences, but it still leaves a large canvass background where the image isnt cropped to the panel frame. Very annoying and difficult to work this way. Any other tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning of the GPU is doing at least something, we might assume the GPU you have isn't compatible with this version of Photoshop. Please review this article and determine if maybe you need an upgraded GPU?  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did get Adobe Support to look at it and managed to get it to
work by turning off the GPU. I’m not sure what they did that was any
different than when I tried, but it works! --

Grant Tomchuk
​...............................​
Chair, LOWHA
*IG: granttomchuk*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem and turning off the graphics processor worked for me as well.  But that begs the question, why have a M1 MacBook Pro and not be able to use the sophisticated graphics processor the chip was designed around.  Should we expect a fix from Adobe in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines