• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My lighting effects will not work on my macbook pro 2021 with the 5500 raedon processor with 32 gb

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really confused why my lighting effects button is greyed out. Can someone help me try and fix it?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop is in question? Filter > Render > Lightning Effects works for me on Windows, Ps version 23.4.0. Please read explanation on official help page Photoshop 3D | Common questions on discontinued 3D features (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on 22.3.2 and it seems to not be working on some photos. It works on a tiff file bur not a psd. and I also cannot use oil paint. I am very confused if its my computer or just the app being bugged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Windows everything works fine, Oil Paint is working without any problem. Wait for someone with Mac to confirm.

In general Adobe is recommending PassMark > Compute 2000 or above. Everything should work fine and with lower score like 1500, at least for now. I can find several 5500 Radeon graphics including RX 5500M with score 1684 and that should be enough in my opinion PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - GPU Compute Video Cards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines