My photos seem to be loosing quality after editing in camera raw then opening in photoshop.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guy's? So I'm experiencing a specific problem with my photoshop that I have been unable to solve. So the problem in question is, when open my photos using photoshop, they usually open in camera raw first since I shoot raw. Unfortunately when I'm done tweaking the photo and open it in photoshop, there always seem to be a loss of quality!!! I need help because this is really frustrating 😤 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022
I do not see loss of details with my eyes. Viewing percent is exactly the same that is ok but keep in mind that only 100% viewing should be used for judgement. Go to 100% view and compare that is good viewing scale for judgment. If you still see some difference then something is wrong.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see examples. Ideally a raw and the rendered image uploaded to something like Dropbox. Also the Workflow Options in ACR (what was set for resolution/number of pixels, color space):

Workflow.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loss of quality? Can you post some screenshot to illustrate the poroblem? Take screenshot of entire window and we may be able to spot some potential problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay here are some screenshots for illustration. As you can see in the first photo, the quality is okay and in the second photo there seem to be a loss of quality after opening in photoshop.Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay here are some screenshots for illustration. As you can see in the first photo, the quality is okay and in the second photo there seem to be a loss of quality after opening in photoshop.Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a color shift between the two and that is probably down to a bad monitor profile at operating system level.

Is your monitor profiled or are you using the default profile on your system?

Edit : Scratch that reply. I was viewing on a phone and now back at my PC I see no difference

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see loss of details with my eyes. Viewing percent is exactly the same that is ok but keep in mind that only 100% viewing should be used for judgement. Go to 100% view and compare that is good viewing scale for judgment. If you still see some difference then something is wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay weirdly enough, viewng it @ 100% they look identical with no quality loss.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

though i still wonder if upon exporting the final edit, if there will be any changes still.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export is another topic and story for itself. Some formats like JPEG are applying losy compression so there will be some changes in amount of details, more compression means less quality. Hovewer, you can control amount of compression when saving file in JPEG format with losy compression.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the assintance. I'm new when it comes to photoshop ,so forgive me if i asked a question that has already been addressed before in the first. Thank you once more.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see a loss of quality on a high-end display but as outlined, you really need to zoom BOTH views to 100% (1:1) and provide a screen capture to compare. Zooming out subsamples the preview and each product differs in doing so. Not the right way to view such comparisons.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines