• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears you are running on a Mac.  Does anyone have a solution for those of us running on a PC?

Thanks,

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @lindseyjo1102 you're a life saver. I was losing my mind for a sec

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Open with Rosetta" option works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@photogal11 wrote:

It appears you are running on a Mac.  Does anyone have a solution for those of us running on a PC?

Hi Janet,

You added to a thread about the M1 chip, which does not apply to Windows. Can you please start a new thread and explain your issue there?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/bd-p/photoshop

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shameful ! After the hassles with Adobe Muse, and Adobe Dimension not even being available on M1 chip anymore ... now this ?!! Adobe is shooting itself in the foot !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I was shocked to find it missing. I couldn't believe such a useful feature was gone. Will have to use the timeline on the pc instead but I have been enjoying all the other features on the M1 Photoshop. I would love to see even more options included on the timeline such as smart filters, now that would make it 10,000 times more useful (I know, I could use After Effects but there are some things in Photoshop not in AE) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline still not working for M1 apple computers. Can't export or make simple animations 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay it's almost a year later and I still have this issue. Can't Adobe fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while trying to create a timeline on your M1 Mac. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers macOS version?

You can try running Photoshop under Rosetta to check if that helps. Please check: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

You can also check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is the M1 version of photoshop going to be able to import video frames to layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry that your not able to import video frames to layers while running Photoshop natively on the M1 Mac. We currently do not have an official timeline on when this would be available. For now, you can try running Photoshop under the Rosetta 2 as a workaround. For more details, please check: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

You can also post your question here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/photoshop/5f5f2092785c1f1e6cc4086b

This forum is monitored directly by our developers. They can look into your question & may offer some insights.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this and my info shows no option to run in rosetta... anybody have any luck figuring this out when they don't have the option to run in rosetta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fix this..... now i can't do 80% of my work / income?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm using photoshop 22.4.3

and i dont understand why whene I open the timeline window he onle give me thre option of create frame animation.

can someone help me 

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would indicate that you're on an M1-based Mac, where full video functions currently aren't available. if it's something else you will have to provide more info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) so there nothing I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try running Photoshop under Rosetta (see the link below)

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html#rosetta-known-issues

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! How I can solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much wasted time. Thank you for your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm this is a native M1 issue, running 13" M1 MBA mac OS 11.4, Photoshop v22.4.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop just stoped open any video file such as .mp4, .avi and other.

I hadn't this problem few days ago. I used to open mp4 video and save it into gif format, but now I don't even have any chance to open videofile. 

Can somebody help me, because i think I just turned some option off or my laptop loose some codecs((

My laptop is MacBook Pro M1 2020, MacOs BigSur 11.3.1

My Photoshop version is 22.4.3.

Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Telling me to not use the M1 version of photoshop is not a solution to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it worked for me!! The render video option was there for days. However, now it's missing again with the only option as "render image sequence" and when I check it still has Rosetta selected. Any idea why this happened? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the same as Open in Low Resolution? That is the only option I see and it didnt fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to open video files in Photoshop 22.4.3 on a 2020 M1 Macbook Pro running BigSur 11.5.1 (20G80). I've tried .MOV, .M4V, .MP4, etc...all the common formats that I've opened before. Any pointers?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate