• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My PNG files suddenly are so heavy

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help, I am using Photoshop 2021 and it was working just fine. I was saving my PNG files without any issues until today that suddenly I went to zip them and each one was no less than 45MG, which usually are less than 1MG...I tried everything, but I can't fix it. I don't know why this is happening, this morning they saved just fine, and later tonight with the same exact settings are overweighted. Please help!

(And of course, I noticed it was much slower, almost impossible to work with, it also crashed twice)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

png is not a meaningful file format when it comes to printing. 

The png you posted is 1,5MB, that does not seem that bad. 

Removing the Ancestors Metadata takes about 0,5MB off of that, so you could try the Script posted in this thread: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/inflated-jpg-file-size-photoshop-document-ancestors-metadata/td-p/8055434?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the dimensions of your exported images? Are you, for example, starting with 3,000px wide images but exporting out 30,000px wide images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I start with 3600 pix x 3600 pix -300dpi. My PNG is always much smaller and the weight is much smaller, usually, less than 1mg and the sizes vary from 1500 pix wide to 2000 pix wide. (The attachments that I guess you can't see shows all that, don't know why they don't show)  Anyway, I was kind of desperate yesterday so I clean up my Photoshop and now it seems to be working fine, I usually have all my brushes, actions, and plugins inside, now I cleaned it up, so all the cache is gone, I reinstalled the plugins with some of the brushes, and even when it shows some errors about the Photoshop itself, the files are saving just fine, so thanks so much...it seems that it is something about my Photoshop, something going on because it shows me warnings time to time.  

Thanks so much, Michael Bullo for your help but the biggest file I work with is 12x12 inches-300dpi, no bigger.

I am attaching some shots, I hope you can see... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may use web formate and which can be compress your png image.

NUBD24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop attaching screenshots and insert them properly. 

And attach one of the actual pngs. 

Did you create the pngs using Save As or Save for Web? 

If Save for Web makes a size-difference the issue is likely Ancestors Metadata. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know I could insert them as png, sorry. 

Save as...

Save foe web is only for JPG format, it doesn't work with PNG, and I also need them to be 300dpi, high quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy)…
This is capable of exporting out multiple formats, including PNG.

capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Save foe web is only for JPG format, it doesn't work with PNG«

Untrue. 

And again: Please attach one of the pngs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right but I need to save in high quality at 300dpi. These are files that are part of a set that I sell for high-quality printing, everything needs to be 300dpi. like this: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't let me attach files, I don't know why. kakleid-delicateart-ele51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now I figured it out. As you can see now that I cleaned up my Photoshop is working well. 

The file weight is fine. Like this one:

moon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

png is not a meaningful file format when it comes to printing. 

The png you posted is 1,5MB, that does not seem that bad. 

Removing the Ancestors Metadata takes about 0,5MB off of that, so you could try the Script posted in this thread: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/inflated-jpg-file-size-photoshop-document-ancestors-metadat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, that's the correct size, as I said before I cleaned my photoshop and now the files are saving correctly, so thanks so much anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a png via Save As in Photoshop the profile is not embedded – so it is utterly unfit for printing. 

Nowadays most layout appliations should be able to use psd (if transparency is necessary, otherwise tif is just fine). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, people buy my sets with papers in JPG and elements in PNG, they create their own pages and they print...but I MUST create PNG as transparent files with 300dpi....also the JPG must be 300dpi.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An unprofiled image is unprofessional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also facing the same issue with my site here https://bestsportsmask.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you think RGB means? 

A pixel’s RGB values may indicate that it is darker, more red, … than another pixel in the same image but they do not describe what it should actually look like. 

That is determined by the image’s Color Space (usually described by am ICC profile). 

When you save as a png in Photoshop the image pretends it has an embedded Profle but actually it assumes the Working Space – which is expecially treacherous. 

And your insistence on 300ppi also seems worth thinking about. 

1000px at 300ppi are no better than 1000px at 72ppi, so unless the resolution is a definitive requirement it actually carries less significance than the actual pixel dimensions of an image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue presently but I will try clearing my cache to see if that sorts things like it did for you. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you Saving As (or Saving A Copy) or Saving for Web? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines