• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My previous version of Photoshop and I need to draw out a rectangle with in the image and then perfo

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previous version of Photoshop allowed me to draw a tangle with an image and then perform operations on it (contrast, brightness etc."). I cannot find how to do this with Photoshop 2021. Also I could alter the perspective within the rectangle. An example would be a photo of a wall containing three framed prints. If one of the frames or slightly crooked on the wall I could go on and adjust  that without affecting the rest of the image. I hope I am making sense and thanks to all who help and send advice.

James

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you seeking the File>Place command? That's the only way to "draw a rectangle" with an image. Then, you can use Edit>Transform>Perspective to adjust the perspective.
Or, did you mean draw a vector rectangle? That's just a rectangle shape with no image in it. You'd use the rectangle tool (located near the pen tool in the toolbar), and in the control bar, tell it to draw a shape, instead of a path.
Hope that helps...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines