• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Naming conventions: Actions vs History. Anyone else annoyed?

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly venting a 1st world problem: Is there a good reason the names for History steps usually don't match up well (enough) w Action items? It's always been annoying, but recently I'm working on larger & longer series of Actions, and stepping back takes way more time than it should w/ so many differing words. I'm sure there are challenges b/c History items are brief while Action steps have multiple lines etc, but we can do better, no? One easy thing [I think] would be for the quantity of steps to match.  But re: vocabulary, these below seem like low hanging fruit. Making them the same = saved seconds = saved hours = happy. Who's with me??

History :: Action

Make Text Layer :: New Type Layer

Set Selection :: Load Selection

Inverse :: Select Inverse

Layer via Copy :: Layer via Copy → hey! we did it!

With love, 

Me at my desk when I should be outside.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue seems utterly irrelevant to me. 

And I think resources spent on this could be spent better.

If you want to argue your point (for a Feature Request for example) you may want to look into how other Adobe applications handle this, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines