Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with ctrl malfunction

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings:

I was trying to create a linked layer mask in the layer panel using ctrl "l" which at one time worked. Now it no longer does. Is there a PS 2022 equivilent? This was something I learned as part of a photo restoration course (taught in PS CC) on repairing damaged / missing parts of a photo (works well in repairing facial parts)  This is the step AFTER the following sequence: Retangle marquee tool > surround  object in image > Ctrl C > ctrl V> Free Transform > flip horizontally > ctrl l, but this no longer works to create a linked layer mask. What is the  PS 22 equivilent?  My work around has been to use a combo clone/ spot healing tools to heal the new pasted part, which is much more time consuming. I'm on HP Pavillion Laptop running Windows 11.64 bit  running PS 22.5

Screenshot 2022-10-16 180124 repairing a face.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AlexColvin – CMD/CTRL + L (Levels) or CMD/CTRL + I (Invert) are standard keyboard shortcuts, layer masks don’t have a standard keyboard shortcut listed under Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not explain why it worked previously on other images I restored. If you have access to a PS CC version, you might try that keboard shortcut. What I need is the PS 2022 equivilent.   I'm guesssing one of PS brilliant updates ruined this so now it no longer works. I used to get beautiful results. Now it's a pain [removed by moderator]. All I know is I've been a subscriber for a few years and now I'm thinking of dumping my subscription because it seems every update brings a fresh frustration to disrupt my workflow to find a workaround and increase my labor hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AlexColvin wrote:

I'm guesssing one of PS brilliant updates ruined this so now it no longer works.

Ctrl+I and Ctrl+L have never changed. Is it possible that you edited your shortcuts or assigned a shortcut to an Action in a previous version?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope. Have never editied shortcuts. I wasn't even aware that was an option untill I read about it today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines