Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Photoshop 2020 (v 21.2.12)

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I updated to PS 2022 this morning and inadvertently had the install process delete older versions of Photoshop.

I have one particular plugin/extension that will only work with PS 2020 and I was just using that plugin yesterday - now I'm screwed.

Is there a way to download PS 2020? I can't find one.  😞

Thank you,

TIm

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Open your Creative Cloud app. Go to the All Apps section. Click the 3 dots at the end of the Photoshop entry and choose Other Versions. Photoshop 21.2.12 is the PS 2020 version.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only versions available from the Creative Cloud app are 22.5.2 and 23.0, 21.2.12 is no longer available

You can't even download 22.5.1 and below, don't understand why Adobe is doing this, bugs in version 22.x.x haven't even been fully addressed yet, version 23 is full of bugs as is always the case with Adobe's new Photoshop versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged_Traynor is right. I already tried this earlier today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in the middle of a project that was very important to me and now I can't continue.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tim! 

ProDesign Tools has direct downloads to some previous versions here:

https://prodesigntools.com/

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't have any for the 2020 versions.

I contacted support via live chat and the rep sent me a link to download v21.0. I can't update it back to 21.2.12 though, but it's way better than being completely stuck while waiting for new pc components to arrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear they gave it to you. Links for CC 2019 and earlier are publicly available (per @jane-e's post), but only Adobe was/is able to provide the CC 2020 versions.

Generally, Adobe supports the current release and one version prior (currently 2022 and 2021). For anything older like 2020, it's hit or miss, and their provision of earlier files and versions varies by application title. If the installation files are available, then Adobe's chat team can give temporary links to them. But be aware that even if the installation files for an older version are provided, that does not mean official support will be offered for the installation process or for use of the older apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a PS user since v. 1.0.

This policy about not letting folks download 21.2.12, or other earlier versions, is a classic instance of control freakery gone awry. 

I imagine the internal thought is "we don't want to support it any more."

Great. Don't support it. We don't care. We'd just like to get it. We pay a monthly fee, it'd be cool to get whatever version we'd like. 

Grrrr. 

Just venting here. I don't expect them to change this policy. One more instance of how MBA thinking has destroyed some of the best elements of business practice. 

My mind wanders back in time, to 55 years ago, when I got my SS card. My Dad gave me 3 rules, 9 words, that would help me avoid living under a bridge, now that work was serious : 

1. Do your job
2. Do it well
3. Customers are family

The worst elements of the MBA mindset, and in particular this Adobe policy, takes #3 and rips it to shreds. Sigh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, to follow-up (belatedly), Adobe was kind enough to provide me a link to a PS 2021 and I was able to complete my project. 

Basically, PS 22 doesn't really support 3D images. I was in the middle of creating some 3D images for a book I wrote when I updated to PS 22. With the PS 21 download, I was able to complete my project, but it was a stressful day or two.  😉

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this Adobe KB, 3D should work in Photoshop version 22.2 (from February 2021)

which is available through the creative cloud desktop application.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

Screenshot-(37).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines