• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to change black to a swatch color of tiff, nothing is working!

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the attached file supplied as a TIF but need to change black to a swatch or PMS color.  NOTHING I have done seems to be working, either in PS or AI.  Help?!  I have permission from the owner to use.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

It'a a bitmap mode image.

If placed in InDesign or Illustrator, it can be "painted" with a spot colour swatch.

In Photoshop, you need to go to grayscale or multi-channel mode. Dupe the channel into an alpha channel, then turn the alpha channel into a spot channel. Select all and fill with white in the original channel so that there is only content in the spot channel.

I would save as either PSD and or Photoshop PDF to retain the spot channel, avoiding legacy EPS DCS format which is of cour

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It'a a bitmap mode image.

If placed in InDesign or Illustrator, it can be "painted" with a spot colour swatch.

In Photoshop, you need to go to grayscale or multi-channel mode. Dupe the channel into an alpha channel, then turn the alpha channel into a spot channel. Select all and fill with white in the original channel so that there is only content in the spot channel.

I would save as either PSD and or Photoshop PDF to retain the spot channel, avoiding legacy EPS DCS format which is of course still valid, just depreciated.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines