• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to export as DDS on mac - can't install plugin

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to export a file as a DDS on my Mac. 

I'm trying to install this (http://fnordware.blogspot.com/2014/09/dds-plug-in-for-after-effects-and.html) which is the only response in the other forum thread about this topic.

I copy the plugin to applications>adobe photoshop 2020>plug ins>generator. There's no indication from photoshop that I've installed anything at all. The instructions from the plugin are like a sentence long and not helpful at all. Are there any other steps I need to follow to install a 3rd party plugin for photoshop? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening a DDS file in Photoshop? Or Saving a DDS file?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have. When I followed Jeff's advice below, I had to okay this software in security/privacy, so at least Photoshop was recognizing it. But when I okayed it and then tried to open the file again, here's what it said: Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 11.44.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just put the DDS.plugin in Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Plug-ins

Not in the Generator folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I did do this and Photoshop was finally recognizing the program! But it's still not working - I posted the error message in a comment above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you using?

You can find this out by clicking on your desktop, going to the Apple menu and clicking About This Mac

applem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry, missed this the first time! Version 10.15.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have exactly the same problem and same error after unquarantining the plugin as reagankoble, my version of macOS is 11.2.3. It would be really helpful if someone can find a way around this problem, it is very frustrating since it seems to be the only DDS plugin available for macOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you talked to the developer to find out why its broken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely the DDS.plugin needs to be unquarantined by following the directions here by Dirk_Becker

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/plugin-error-with-mac-os-catalina/m-p/10660103?page=1

Adobe kb about various catalina issues

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone in the future is looking at this thread:

- Install in the plug-in folder (not generator)

- "Save" (not export) your file as a DDS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines