• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to revert to old export options

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the newest version of Photoshop when I go to export a photo as a JPG instead of having a quality slider from 1-100 there's a dropdown menu with different qualitative export quality options (very poor, poor, fair, etc.) and it always defaults to "Good". I always want to export with the highest quality I can so I have to go change it to "Great" (the highest available option, but shouldn't it be named Best or something similar?) and export it from there. This should be changed back to a 1-100 quality scale and it should not revert back to 60 quality every time I re-launch the program, it should stay on what I set it to, just as it used to. Instead of having to change it from Good to Great with every export (why would it default to a lower quality option?) I should be able to set the quality to 100% once and have it stay there. Completely unnecessary and backwards update. 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can revert that option in preferences

2021-12-05 10_32_57-Window.png

2021-12-05 10_33_50-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This setting in export preferences is gone with the latest Photoshop version.... now what /:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to this friendly forum,

There haven't been any recent changes in Saving and Exporting in Photoshop (apart from Save a Copy).

This excellent YouTube video explains the difference between the various saving and exporting methods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CS_oieQL7c&t=28s

(If there are issues with your application it might be worth resetting Photoshop back to the factory defaults, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that's not true: you'll see in this screenshot, the 'use legacy export as' checkbox button isn't there anymore (this is in preferences > exporting) when you compare it to the one Ged attatched in his original answer.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.07.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you using?

This is 23.3.1 on Windows 10 :

davescm_0-1651163421211.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac with version 23.3.1 and Use Legacy Export is not included in Export preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't be there if you're on an M1 mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm on a M1 Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, M1 Mac as well - why is that? There's been a few other things lacking in terms of PS features on this computer, and it's pretty frustrating the amount of money i just shelled out for this and yet Photoshop /Adobe has removed a lot of features on it that I actually really need - and they're really simple features, so it doesn't even make sense.

Is there a workaround I can do to get the old export options (an older PS version, maybe?) this makes me just want to either return the computer or find another non-adobe program to use...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What features are missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's this, I can't convert a frame animation to a timeline (can't even work with timelines if the PSD doesn't already have it), Lightroom has no sort by color label option (you can label things as colors, but can't then view by that color) which destroys the workflow I've had for over 10 years - and I'm sure there's more, but I've had this computer hardly 24 hours now and these are discrepancies I've found already. And especially since 2 of them are extremely simple - but extremely important - features like a single dialogue box and what I can imagine is pretty easy sorting coding, it massively compounds the level of frustration I'm having with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wou tengo el mismo problema, tambien cambie a una Macbook Pro M1 y es boton de Use legacy "export as" también desaparecio y no sólo de la nueva versión de PS si no también en PS 2022.

Espero que informen de esto ya que me costo perder muchas horas poder averiguar esto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines