• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need XMP Help

New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My studio is using a studio management tool that allows us to embed XMP metadata for ingestion by DAM or CMS. The set of metadata goes beyond any one of the defaults available (like Camera Data, Origin, etc.). So in that studio managment tool we created a custom XMP set with all the data we want. Currently this is appearing as "Raw Data" in the file info window in Photoshop, but not Bridge or seen by the DAM. 

Do I need to create the same custom XMP set as a templalte in Photoshop? and if so, how do I do that?

I've attached a sample file.

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kathy23857956s2qv 

Sorry, your question isn't clear to me. Raw data is available in both Photoshop and Bridge. Do you want a custom GUI to view or enter the custom metadata in Photoshop or Bridge, in addition to the third party software?

My studio is using a studio management tool that allows us to embed XMP metadata for ingestion by DAM or CMS. Currently this is appearing as "Raw Data" in the file info window in Photoshop, but not Bridge or seen by the DAM. 

So your DAM can't see the custom metadata but that was the whole idea of using this tool?

ExifTool shows the following:

[XMP-Meijer_photo] Agency              : SGK
[XMP-Meijer_photo] Asset_source        : Studio
[XMP-Meijer_photo] Category            : Hardlines and Home
[XMP-Meijer_photo] Copyright           : © Copyright 2023 Meijer, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
[XMP-Meijer_photo] Marketing_asset_type: photography
[XMP-Meijer_photo] Product_code        : 708820972018
[XMP-Meijer_photo] Product_name        : MEIJER 3 IN 1 HOLE PENCIL SHARPENER
[XMP-Meijer_photo] Requesting_group    : MarketingProducers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The data in the Raw data needs to make it's way to a DAM. The real question is whether I need to create a custom template for that XMP data to be available to a DAM or CMS application? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both Adobe File Info and ExifTool can display the custom metadata.

If the metadata is in the file, but the DAM can't display the metadata, then the issue would appear to be with the DAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines