Neural Blur Filter Terminates and requires a complete restart

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to use the Depth Blur Neurofilter to create a Depth Map.  I deselected the subject click box and selected an area that I wanted to be in focus.  The system did some work and completed.  I then said OK.  It took forever to complete.  I wanted to create a Depth Map so I went back into the filter. Application hung with the attached picture.

davids75404240_0-1645569686908.png

I am on the most recent version of Photoshop CC.  Windows 10 completely updated.  My GPU passed the GPU check.  This picture has been cropped and I did some corrections with the paint tool.  After several minutes, the problem resolved itself.  Incredibly slow.  My computer is a quad processor with 3 terrabytes of storage.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022
Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. This really helped.

DAve

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines