• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neural filter : colorize : retain original image colors?

Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a tutorial available for the Colorize filter?

Most of the features in there are pretty self explanatory but I'm not getting my head around the "retain original image colors". What I was hoping that would do would be to look at the color of the original image, strip that color off and replace the color with color in the same style/look as a colorized image giving the image a sort of hand tinted look. It doesn't seem to do anything though if you just click on it other than leave it looking like th orginal image.

It can be adjusted at that point using the sliders presented but it doesn't seem to be any different than simply adusting color and saturation in some other filter to the original image. One thing I did notice though that if you first set a profile (below the "retain original image colors" and then hit "retain original image colors" there is some sort of random change but once you hit the "retain original image colors" the "profile" option diaappears even though it is having some effect on how the "retain original image colors" button is working.

Does anyone have any insight as to how "retain original image colors" is supposed to work or what it is for?...perhaps it's still in beta and isn't quite yet working as is should.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please have a look at this tutorial and see if it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx2xxCcnZNk

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Sahil

I hadn't seen that video and was able to pick up a couple of helpful explanations. Still nothing there about "retain original image colors" though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines