• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neural Filter - Enlarge Selection area ?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the size of the selection box in Neural filter.  With typical business headshots, the selection area ends just below their chin. Is it possible to enlarge this selection area.  Women with long hair get the results cut off.  Thanks so very much as always. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble. I would like to inform you that enlarging the selection area will not be possible by using the Neural filter in Photoshop because it's an AI (Artificial Intelligence) driven program that recognizes the face of its own and it uses AI to assess the image and then applies the required adjustments to the image.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble. I would like to inform you that enlarging the selection area will not be possible by using the Neural filter in Photoshop because it's an AI (Artificial Intelligence) driven program that recognizes the face of its own and it uses AI to assess the image and then applies the required adjustments to the image.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neural Filter AI -  Yes that makes sense and thank you for the fast help.  Tom R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact you cannot enlarge the AI processed area around the face is a TRAGEDY.

Your neural filter is as ignorant as a new born chicken if it cannot follow hair down.

Why not allow a user to REdraw the boundaries?

Have you tired making a woman's hair thicker? The filter only works on a small portion of a long haired woman/man. 

I have attached a file of an AI Processed file that has had INCREASE in "Hair Thickness" selected.

And hey, what happened to the Unsharp Filter "Camera Shake"?

I think the idea was good, implementation was slack, but infrequently, better than not.

Please inform a manager we want the NEURAL FILTER BOX made user enlarge capable, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thx wack jobs. i thought i was losing my mind and certainly I could redraw the area to include neck and shoulder, but alas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These neural filters can do some amazing things, but having a hair option that only affects part of the hair is really pretty pointless. I know we're at the beginning of this new age of photo editing. Please keep working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another use for being able to select a larger area would be matching the skin of the face with the neck  & décolleté and not having a noticable discrepancy.  I am less concerned with the hair issue, than with matching the skin. Could it be possible to make the AI select for skin vs face?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, guys. The neural engine does not follow the hair down and cuts it off. This won't work on most major female portraiture as their hair goes outside the bounding box. We need to be able to decide the boundaries of what the neural engine works on. For short-haired men, it works great. For long-haired females, it is impaired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is a problem because with a lot of images I've tried it it cuts some parts of the hair so the final result is a picture with one part of the image restored perfectly and the other that is blurred and unusable. I think probably AI is not yet  smart enough to choose the correct portion of the image and until then it would be great to teach AI how to choose the correct part of the picture, allowing the user to tweak the selection so to be sure to give the best result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate on what the task is, post screenshots to illustrate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bounding box issue also effects work involving beards. Not being able to coax the AI to understand the true edges of the subject does reduce what could be an outstanding tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, having the hair do a beautiful job on part of the hair and then slice right back to what it was is aggravating.  Seems like with all this additional intelligence you have these days it would be trivial.  Have you asked the AI to write it for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines