• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neural Filter->Colorize, adding Focal point oddly removes color

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Neural Filter-> Colorize I've been colorizing some old b&w photos for the first time and I've been seeing this bug:

When I click on the colorized image to create the first Focal point, the color under the focal point loses about 75% of the color. Clicking in other parts of the image to create new focal points also sucks the color out in these spots. Its the reverse of how the focal/copy feature works. Is there a setting somewhere that could be causing this?

Photoshop v23.5.1 20220907.r.724 5600b96 x64
Windows 10 21H2
photos are RGB 8/bit and 16bit

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same, or similar, issue. After I have colorized a black and white image the focal points only black and not the colour on the newly improved image. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out I was using it wrong. I though the Focal point would allow me to sample a color on the photo and apply it to other points. Instead it brings up the color palette to guess what color to use. Clunky. 

Colorize is a neat feature but there needs to be some Abobe documentation on how to use it. People guessing about it in Youtube videos don't cut it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines