• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neural Filters in Photoshop. Colorizer

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I tried using the colorizer feature in Photoshop having read about it in this weeks edition of Amateur Photographer magazine. It's the first time using it so it had to be downloaded and the result on an old black and white image were exceptionally good. I went to do another image but the colorizer option is now greyed out and doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so can advise me how to fix it?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Many thanks for the help but I've solved the problem. After downloading the colorizer option the cloud symbol change to what looks like an on/off slide button. A friend suggested clicking this button and that opened up the colorizer so it is now working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the color mode of the image? Grayscale?

Convert your image to RGB (menu Image -> Mode -> RGB) before using this filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I had already tried converting to RGB but the colorizer still doesn't work. It's there, but greyed out and non functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to select the line with the name of the filter - the title of the preview window may indicate the reason why it is inactive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that also doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system?

In Windows, plugin data is stored in folders:

• colorize-local-hints-v2_2
  • colorize-v2_2

located in the:

c:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\YOUR PS VERSION NUMBER\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData\

You can delete them and download the plugin again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for the help but I've solved the problem. After downloading the colorizer option the cloud symbol change to what looks like an on/off slide button. A friend suggested clicking this button and that opened up the colorizer so it is now working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines