• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neural Filters (Still) Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried using Skin Smoothing and Smart Portrait and they have never worked. I always get "We've temporarily disabled this filter because of an error." But now, its crucial that I am able to use this. I've looked through other threads and it doesnt seem to be fixed. I hope that is not the case.

I am using Photoshop version 23.2.1

on an Apple MacBook Pro 2017 - 15in.

OS version: 12.2.1 Monterey

Any tips?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Let's make sure that permissions aren't in play. Craete a new Admin user account and then run Photoshop from the new user account to see if the problem goes away: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's make sure that permissions aren't in play. Craete a new Admin user account and then run Photoshop from the new user account to see if the problem goes away: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I created a New Admin User Account and opened Photoshop, but it is not giving me access to the files I want to edit - or any files actually. The folders all have a red circle with a minus sign in the lower right corner. What do you suggest for next steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few options for continuing this same test: 

1. Go back to your original user account, create a new folder in a shared location (such as Users/Shared), and copy a file there before returning to the test user account
  2. Go online and download a picture which includes a face and test the feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to check out is whether or not the filters have downloaded. They get stored in the following location: : Users/[UserName]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/PHSP/23/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery/PluginData/Presets. There will be a folder here for each plugin that has downloaded. Note that this folder is specific to the user account you are logged in as, when you create the new user account for the test, you will have to download the filter again. If you are getting the error before having a chance to download the filter, you may have a network issue preventing this download. This could be something like a firewall setting which is blocking Photoshop. But it could also be permissions on one of the parent folders in the path provided which are locked in some way, preventing the files from being saved here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that worked... meaning adding a new user on my MacBook Pro.

So, the next question is: should I just use the new login when I want to use those filters, or did you learn something about permissions that I should adjust on my regular login account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Under the old user account, you can try deleting the PluginData folder in case that the old folder that is locked/has bad permissions. Instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/neural-filters-feedback.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines