• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New bug using Tools and Keyboard Shortcut

Advocate ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice this bug for year or two on laptop, but now on my desktop too.

You use keyboard shortcut for tools,  clone, or crop etc. and instead of working and switching to that tool, is stays put or worse, does something else.

Right now I click S, for clone, and it does instead a delete layer mask.

Hair pulling stuff, any ideas and yes i have lastest  of PS 2023, sadly.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Go Photoshop>Peferences (Settings)>Tools, uncheck Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts, restart photoshop and see if that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go Photoshop>Peferences (Settings)>Tools, uncheck Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts, restart photoshop and see if that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thank will mark as solved, though....

did excactly that quit open, and then changing tool intially, made a delete layer!  ugh.. but then is seems to be fine after that.  HOpe sticks.

Remember this spring loaded from year ago,  to uncheck that, but PS annihilated all my settings/ preference last month.  I did restore some things but I guess that was not included.

Very buggy software, and I can't even guess what spring loaded... well, know it from Mac fodlers , but PS tools? seriously, who gets paid to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Another "feature" I thought had to be a bug.  When you've been using a program since 1995, you hate when they change the basics or the default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spring loaded shortcuts have been in photoshop since CS4, but it seems only in the last

few years that lots of complaints about keyboard shorts working wonky has led to Adobe

working on the issue, like the new feature of being able to turn

on/off and adjust the timing of the spring loaded shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, and maybe have that off as default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point!  Never ends.. like guy in corner doing this stuff at Adobe to cause havoc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines