Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

New Document manual preset details not working

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! Each time I try opening photoshop 2022 (which has been recently updated) to enter manual preset details for a new document it doesn't allow me to set preset details as far as width and length of the document past 1000x1000 and even with those measurements it doesn't open a new document at all. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when I press create it spins but no new document populates. I've tried cleaning documents from my windows hard drive, uninstalling photoshop, etc. still nothing helps the situation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community>

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that you have accidentally chosen inches instead of pixels in the New dialog.

At 300 PPI, this will result in 30,000 x 30,000 pixels, which is the maximum pixel dimensions in Photoshop.

Note that the image size will be 251 GB.

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as Per indicates, it may be the units, so please show us a screen capture of the dialog and what you have set prior to entering 1000x1000.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines