• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New photoshop and Camera raw are AWFUL!!!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently encouraged by Adobe to update to the new version of Photoshop (22.3). I am truly sorry I did. It is unbearably slow. And the camera raw converter is even worse, if that is possible. It is also excruciatingly slow and the changes in the way I go about making adjustements has changed radically, to no advantage that I can see. It is totally annoying and frustrating when nit-wit developers think wholesale change for the sake of change is somehow an improvement. IT IS NOT! I used to love using Photoshop...now it is like pulling teeth. So, maybe my system is not the most robust (Intel core i7-4710HQ CPU @2.5GHz  16GBRAM  64Bit Windows 10) but the step change in performance is like walking on pavement switching to slogging through knee-deep mud. I HATE IT.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The UI is just garbage. After working for 12 years in Photoshop I just revert to the previous version.

Will never update this junk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It sounds like you may need to be downgrading Photoshop this weekend to make it work 😉

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DPDB wrote:

I was recently encouraged by Adobe to update to the new version of Photoshop (22.3). I am truly sorry I did. It is unbearably slow.\

@DPDB and @ustinkompaniets 

It's not slow for everyone. Please try the steps on this help page from Adobe:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Another option is to install the last version that worked for you until you can upgrade or trouble-shoot your system. ProDesign Tools has some direct downloads that will work with your paid subscription.

https://prodesigntools.com/

Lastly, turn off automatic updates in the CC app. New versions are typically released on the first day of Adobe MAX. This year it starts on October 18, 2022.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines