• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Photoshop update - Library items place in document as white boxes

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the newest version of Photoshop (Mac OS 11.4), and all library items (vector) place into the document as if they are JPEGs, with solid white boxes behind them.

I confirmed this several times in multiple previously finished documents, then created a brand new document (1 layer, black only) and when I dragged a vector library item to the workspace it came in as a solid white box. 

Sorry, no screen grabs to share ... I immediately downgraded due to deadlines.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard ... now also happening with downgraded version. This was not happening in the previous version an hour ago, but now not sure of the cause. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any thoughts? These are AI logos from my CC library. They, until less than an hour ago, were placing into my document cleanly and without white backgrounds.

I have confirmed that placing these as embedded images from the source files (rather than from the library) produces the same result. 

Is this just some preference somehwere that has gotten corrupted? The issue started with my upgrading to the newest version, but I have since downgraded and restarted—same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to replicate what you're talking about and I couldn't do so.   Did you check the vector file to ensure that there's no white background to your vector image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, these library images have worked correctly for (in some cases) years, right up until I upgraded Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce your issue. I don't know what would cause it. Try starting with a blank layer - nothing in it, just transparency to make sure PS is allowing transparency - just to make sure you didn't change the color space or something weird. Next step would be to reset your preferences. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried every other standard troubleshooting technique I can think of (PS user since '94)—I'll reset the preference completely and see if that eliminates the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset PS preferences. As you can see from the image below:

1. Transparency is working correctly (file is a 24 bit PNG)

2. Some AI images display correctly, some do not. All have worked correctly in the past, many for years. (Images on bottom right are stacked Live Nation logos in red & black and white only ... both are incorrect, while the horizontal Live Nation logo in white displays correctly bottom left.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a PM. If you can share the images with me and can open them and see what happens in my PS.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the delay—I had to run out to a meeting. I'm still digging through this here, but may take you up on that offer if my search continues to find nothing. 

I work in concert promotion and have made (no exaggeration) tens of thousands of banners and digital assets using these AI logos, both embedded and from my CC Library. The fact that these images are displaying with low-res previews and white backgrounds regardless of how I place them in Photoshop is a head-scratcher, and the fact that it only started happening after the upgrade/downgrade I performed this morning is telling—but not telling me anything useful.

I'm organizing some new projects at the moment, but will dig back into this in a bit and may take you up on that offer. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines