• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to PS on iPad; am confused

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this may be a silly question. I'm more proficient with an older version of PS for the Apple Air, but I recently got an iPad and the interface is completely different. There is a little circle that wasn't there before and is now preventing me from doing anything to my drawing. I can't figure out where it came from, what it does, or how to resolve it. I've attached a photo (and YES. I took a photo of the screen with my phone... don't judge me, lol). Can anyone help?

20220320_194957.jpg

 

20220320_195010.jpg

 

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be the Touch Shortcut function that you're seeing:

You can disable it in the 'App settings':

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, that's exactly what it is! Thank you so much for your help! I'm going to try and disable it tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sara23674138zz5a 

Instead of disabling it immediately, start with moving it to an out-of-the-way corner while you learn to use it. Drag it with your finger or Apple Pencil. Follow the first link from thatsmauri to see how to use it. It's actually a very useful modifier key.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Jane-e...before disabling it, learn what it is for.

The touch shortcut circle is there because of what the iPad does not (always) have: A keyboard for you to press the Shift, Option/Alt, and Command/Ctrl keys to modify how tools work. That circle has two rings to give you different levels of modifier control that replace those keys when there is no keyboard connected to your iPad.

So you could disable the circle, but it would be a good thing only if you never took advantage of Shift-dragging or Alt/Option-dragging a tool on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines